Sunday, January 13, 2013

Okay, let's try this again. Technology can be a blessing and a curse. This is my second attempt at a blog post. When I was growing up, cable television was the latest technology. Well now that I have dated myself, let me just say that I think that my laptop and printer are just amazing. My smartphone is smarter than I am (smile). I don't need anymore gizmos. I know that i-phones are great, but I don't want to be one of those people who are glued to their i-phones and, frankly, Siri scares me. I think that I would be an asset to a group project in that I am very diligent about getting things done well and done on time. I am just grateful to be able to go to school, because I honestly never thought I would go to college at all. So, hey, to quote the line of a movie, "I'm just glad to be here. Here is my link to a video from youtube.com.  It is entitled top 10 reasons to use technology in the classroom.  Just think, you could be like Justin Bieber and get discovered as the world's best teacher.  No seriously, there are some great reasons here in this video.  How about edoing homework in the classroom on computers and limiting lectures to computers at home?  Or what about the "fun factor" in the classroom.  Of special interest to me was the fact that technology is especially useful in special educationc classrooms because that is where I want to work.  Bottom line:  technology will not replace teachers; but teachers who use technology will be replaced by teachers who do not.  So we had better learn this stuff and learn it well.  Happy blogging!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzi2RIt8_nk

No comments:

Post a Comment