Sunday, January 13, 2013

If at first you don't succeed.....

Okay, so this is my third attempt at publishing a blog that I can actually transmit. Technology can be both a blessing and a curse. My greatest gizmo is simply a laptop not plugged into any power source or cable that can do all that it can do. Of course, when I was growing up, just having cable TV was the latest and greatest. So, now that I have dated myself, let me just say that I do not want to be one of those people who are glued to their i-Phones. Seriously folks, my smart phone is smarter than I am. And Siri scares me to death. I do not wish to be so connected that I am disconnected from the world and people around me. That said, I can see how having a classroom blog someday would be a fun and efficient way to communicate with students and their families. Maybe by the time that I have my own classroom, I will get this blogging thing right. I think that I would be an asset to an online working group because I am obsessed with getting things done well and done on time. I never thought that I would ever get to go to college, but here I am. So in the words of a line from a movie, "I'm just glad to be here!" My video is entitled "10 Reasons to Use Technology in the classroom" or something like that. I am afraid if I go to youtube to check on the correct title that I will lose this blog (again). I like the video because it is fun and to the point. You may get discovered as the world's best teacher if your mom posts videos of you (just think: Justin Bieber). I really like the idea of doing homework in the classroom and watching video lectures at home. Works for me, as I think that kids have too much homework. Or how about just looking at the fun factor: technology is fun. As it says in the video: technology will not replace teachers, but teachers who use technology will replace teachers who do not. Food for thought. Now excuse me while I try to upload my video and post my blog. Have a great semester everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment